Christmas will be here before you know it and it’s my favorite time of the year to decorate my home. So for this Faber-Castel Design Memory Craft Mix & Match design team project, I decided to make this easy holiday table runner using some scrap fabric and Pitt artist pens!
- Quilted muslin fabric (32″ or more) finished project measures 13″ x 32″ however you can make yours smaller or larger
- fabric glue & scissors
- Pitt artist pen fine point (Dark Sema 175*** )
- Pitt Artist Pen big brush Stampers pen (Nougat 178*** , Deep Scarlet Red 219*** & May Green 170***)
- Gellato® (Coconut)
- Paint brush
- Red or multi color red, black, green, white RicRac 64″
- NOTE: use photo as a guide
Step 1: Cut fabric to desired size and randomly sketch out tree limbs using the Nougat Stampers pen, leafs and pine needles using the May Green Stampers pen.
Step 2: Using the May Green Stampers pen, fill in the leafs making some area lighter and darker than others. Next, sketch in berries and pine cones suing the Deep Scarlet Red and Nougat Stampers pens
Step 4: Once you have all the elements colored in, outline the leaf veins (and a few of the pine needles) with the Nougat Stampers pen. Next outline the berries and pine needles with the fine point artist pen in Dark Sema. Lightly add in some Gelato® Coconut over the pine cones for a snowy look and blend with water and paint brush.
Step 5: Once you have finished coloring and outlining the design, glue the RicRac onto the edges of the fabric.
Stay inspired and be sure to check out more holiday craft projects next month! www.KathyPeterson.com